The Business Environmental Support Scheme for Telford
The Business Environmental Support Scheme for Telford (BESST) was launched in 2001 to help businesses across the region improve their environmental performance and reduce their carbon footprint, whilst helping boost their competitiveness and make financial savings. As a not-for-profit network, we actively work to promote an environmentally-aware business culture through the sharing of best practice and educating our members about the benefits of environmental awareness and efficiencies.
Our members come from both the private sector and public sector, with represented industries ranging from manufacturing and engineering right through to tourism and retail. And, although we’re based in Telford, members are welcome from across the region and beyond, and there are no geographical restrictions.
We work in partnership with other organisations such as: the Environment Agency, NISP, Shropshire Wildlife Trust and Sustainability West Midlands.
The objectives of the group are to:
• promote an environmentally aware business culture seeking to reduce the impact on the environment
• provide a network where members can exchange information and ideas
• develop good practice for the benefit of the group business community
• educate members on the benefits of environmental awareness and efficiencies
• monitor progress towards greater business efficiency
• help implement sustainable resource management within member companies