Our role as a group is to assist businesses to improve their environmental performance in order to boost competitiveness and reduce their impact on the environment.
BESST is a best practice sharing network, members share advice and information. The network has a coordinator based in the Business Support Team the Economic Development Department of Telford and Wrekin Council. The direction of the network is given by the private sector led steering group. The steering group is made up of Ricoh, Simmonsigns, DENSO, Lyreco, Epwin Group and Best Western Valley Hotel, as well as the Environment Agency and Telford & Wrekin Council.
Members come from the local area although there are no geographical restrictions to the group other than the need to travel to Telford to attend events.
We work in partnership with other organisations such as: the Environment Agency, NISP, Shropshire Wildlife Trust and Sustainability West Midlands.
The objectives of the group are to:
• promote an environmentally aware business culture seeking to reduce the impact on the environment
• provide a network where members can exchange information and ideas
• develop good practice for the benefit of the group business community
• educate members on the benefits of environmental awareness and efficiencies
• monitor progress towards greater business efficiency
• help implement sustainable resource management within member companies